Vescrutia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vescrutia.. Less a planet, more a territory teetering between two planes of existence, the living and the dead. One moon hovers over for each plane. Anything can happen in this world. Two moons, one sky, one destiny.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
See, what had happened was...
Trying to better my RolePlaying Icon_minitime1January 6th 2010, 5:00 pm by Lucius Blackthorn
...Either Vescrutia got deleted by a hacker or Forumotion's servers had a hiccup, and now we went back in time to May. It could've been a lot worse though; at least you have this old template and can work back to what Vessy used to be. Most of the accounts have never been created yet, so if you can't log in then your best bet is to re-register; I'm working on getting all the administrators back in place but a bunch of them simply don't have an account here.

After this, if the Administrators …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 17
Welcome Home
Trying to better my RolePlaying Icon_minitime1May 2nd 2009, 7:30 pm by Administrator
To members of all three former sites, we welcome you to the permanent residence of what has become of the RolePlaying universe now known as Vescrutia. It's been a long road to get here, as well as much confusion, but we have persisted through these trials and times and are still around today, with room to only grow. Please, take a moment to gather it all in.

As the site gets more populated, you may find some things still a tad off from what you're used to. If anyone has any concerns …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 0
Latest topics
» Raiders to hire Packers’ McKenzie as GM
Trying to better my RolePlaying Icon_minitime1January 6th 2012, 11:52 pm by xiaojin

» A meetin with Maze
Trying to better my RolePlaying Icon_minitime1August 27th 2011, 11:19 pm by Kenzwa Kaitu

» Nick's Bio
Trying to better my RolePlaying Icon_minitime1August 20th 2010, 7:19 am by Nick

» Nick's Jutsu
Trying to better my RolePlaying Icon_minitime1August 20th 2010, 7:19 am by Nick

» Nick's Items
Trying to better my RolePlaying Icon_minitime1August 20th 2010, 7:18 am by Nick

» I have to go so
Trying to better my RolePlaying Icon_minitime1August 19th 2010, 5:43 pm by Kumiko

» ??????????????
Trying to better my RolePlaying Icon_minitime1August 19th 2010, 5:24 pm by Khrona

» Abilities of the Zodiac
Trying to better my RolePlaying Icon_minitime1August 19th 2010, 4:43 pm by Vashy_chan

» The Story of Sheng Koudoutai
Trying to better my RolePlaying Icon_minitime1August 19th 2010, 4:17 pm by Sheng Koudoutai

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 123 on May 14th 2019, 7:40 am

Trying to better my RolePlaying

Go down 
+2
Zesu Rikoyae
Lin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lin
Genin of the Reality
Genin of the Reality
Lin

Village of Residence : Reality
Kekkei Genkai : Gentai

Character sheet
Character Info (Highlight):
Chakra %:
Trying to better my RolePlaying Left_bar_bleue100/100Trying to better my RolePlaying Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Trying to better my RolePlaying Empty
PostSubject: Trying to better my RolePlaying   Trying to better my RolePlaying Icon_minitime1May 3rd 2009, 8:17 pm

What is role playing?
Back to top Go down
Zesu Rikoyae
Chuunin of the Reality
Chuunin of the Reality
Zesu Rikoyae

Kekkei Genkai : Yaqio Ozunis (Way of the Martial Artist)

PostSubject: Re: Trying to better my RolePlaying   Trying to better my RolePlaying Icon_minitime1May 3rd 2009, 8:44 pm

Here's my definition towards Role-Playing:

Role-Playing, or RP as many of us calls it, is basically an storyline of mainly anything that you can think of by using your imagination and such. This is the most common question roleplayers get asked by non-roleplayers, and roleplayers alike: What is roleplaying all about? The problem is, it's not easy to explain the concept of roleplaying to someone who has never tried it. However, if you're looking for a brief description, how about:

Have you ever read a book or seen a film, where a character did something really silly, really stupid, and you thought, "No! Don't do that! You do *this* and..." or "If it were me, this is what I'd be doing in that situation..."

In a roleplaying, it *is* you. In many ways, roleplaying is very much like improvisational acting, but it's also a game where you have fun with your friends, and interact with them in a real social setting. It is quite ideal for everyone who would like to try your hand at acting as a hobby, but can't be bothered with learning scripts and all the other tools that go along with acting.

In short, it's basically you making up your own storyline and actions for your character. Regardless if they're fact or fiction and if the storyline follows up with the character or not.

This is just my definition though since many others got their own way towards what role-playing (Rping) really means.
Back to top Go down
sho
Genin of the Reality
Genin of the Reality
sho

Kekkei Genkai : Koubagan

PostSubject: Re: Trying to better my RolePlaying   Trying to better my RolePlaying Icon_minitime1May 3rd 2009, 10:36 pm

show me a little role-play
Back to top Go down
Lucius Blackthorn
Anbu of the Chaos
Anbu of the Chaos
Lucius Blackthorn

Village of Residence : Kingdom of Chaos
Hobbies / Interests : 500
Kekkei Genkai : Absolution / Negation

PostSubject: Re: Trying to better my RolePlaying   Trying to better my RolePlaying Icon_minitime1May 3rd 2009, 10:38 pm

To me Roleplaying is basically like improv acting, only you act as you would when writing a story. Like a live book, constantly being written, with each person playing a certain character. I tend to think of it in terms of playing the role of the character you make, completely with text and some visual aid in the form of pictures.

Roleplaying itself comes in many forms, from script format which involves the typical:
*I stand in a field* Bring it!

To the more complex way of:
Standing in an empty field, Lucius speaks. "Bring it!"

Roleplaying comes in many varieties, but key concepts to include as you do roleplay are detail, literacy, and most importantly, CREATIVITY.

Hopefully that explains something .-.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
Shadow of Despair:: Sannin of the Rising
Unknown

Village of Residence : Village Lost within the Depths
Kekkei Genkai : Psychic control/Distortion , and 'Eye'

Character sheet
Chakra %:
Trying to better my RolePlaying Left_bar_bleue100/100Trying to better my RolePlaying Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Trying to better my RolePlaying   Trying to better my RolePlaying Icon_minitime1May 3rd 2009, 10:39 pm

I'll offer lessons ^-^ who need's them...and trust me I have the patience...
Back to top Go down
The trev
Genin of the Reality
Genin of the Reality
The trev

Village of Residence : reality
Hobbies / Interests : living my lie like it's golden
Kekkei Genkai : interdementia

PostSubject: Re: Trying to better my RolePlaying   Trying to better my RolePlaying Icon_minitime1May 3rd 2009, 10:42 pm

i'll do it just becuase i can always get better
Back to top Go down
Unknown
Unknown

Village of Residence : Village Lost within the Depths
Kekkei Genkai : Psychic control/Distortion , and 'Eye'

Character sheet
Chakra %:

PostSubject: Re: Trying to better my RolePlaying   Trying to better my RolePlaying Icon_minitime1May 3rd 2009, 10:45 pm

for anyone that needs lesssons from meh...just make a topic...like

RP crash course with Unknown

...........or something...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying to better my RolePlaying   Trying to better my RolePlaying Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Trying to better my RolePlaying
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vescrutia :: The Midpoint :: The Academy-
Jump to: